Sunday, May 21, 2006

A do-over

So far, the pictures I've posted have been raw. In my rush to get stuff posted, I've just been throwing the un-processed pics up. Only my "Siete De Mayo" was cropped slightly. Otherwise, what you see is what I shot.
Having them up for all the world to see has made me take a harder look at the pictures to see if they could be improved at all. Or maybe that's just Jorj's voice in the back of my head ;)
So, I took a stab at this one, cropping the shot dramatically to try to get a more interesting composition.
What do ya think?
6/3/06 - I'm enterring this photo in this weeks Photo Scavenger hunt, as it meets the criteria for the bouns points, and it's actually a decent photo.
One thing I didn't mention when I first posted the original, was the luck involved in getting this shot. These little bluebirds were flitting all around. I still had the telephoto on from shooting
the Orthodox Church with blue domes., and I needed it to shoot this little guy - the moment I would get close he'd fly away. I was lucky enough to get this one (hell, lucky enough just to hold the camera still enough!) before he took off again for good!
For more pix from Centralia, see my Flickr page.

2 comments:

Synd-e said...

What else are the voices in your head telling you to do, besides Jorj's? Seriously, I do like this cropped shot better. The bird looks much more... birdy. And blue.

John said...

Hey Steve,

Good luck in the scavenger hunt. I think I captured the same Eastern blue bird. A long lens helps.

To build on Jorj's, comment, a little bit of saturation doesn't hurt as long as you don't go crazy.

- John