Saturday, July 28, 2007

King without his Crown


While doing some work-related surveying in Port Colden, NJ (a small area just outside of Washington, NJ in Warren Co.) I noticed this steeple sitting under a tree, next to a church. Further investigation revealed it's orginal home behind the church. As I lined the shot up, the Matisyahu. song "King without a Crown" occurred to me (hence the title of this post).
I don't know the history of this oddity (and had no opportunity to research it at the time), but I think it makes for an interesting shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a unique image, Steve--the steeple cut clean off, yet sitting nearby. Of course I'm no expert, but maybe a little fill flash would define the steeple better, because it gets somewhat lost in the shadow of the tree.

Steve B. said...

Yeah, in hindsight some fill-in flash would've been beneficial. But I literally only had time to jump out of the truck, fire-off a few shots and then leave, so I didn't as much thought into the shot as I should have.
Complicating matters is that my home monitor is really bright, and the shot doesn't look as dark on it! I have to remember process brighter than I think I need too at home.