Friday, November 02, 2007

Cemetery Wall - Perryville, NJ

Funny how things work out...
I was hoping that my participation in
NaBloPoMo would allow me to post a lot of old pictures. But here it is, only day 2, and I'm posting a brand new one!
I passed a wonderful historic church ruin and graveyard this morning after a job-site meeting in Perryville, NJ.
The site is the former Bethlehem Baptist Church, founded in 1837. The congregation was disbanded in 1906, but folks were still buried in the cemetery up into the 1920s.
This is a portion of the largely intact cemetery wall. The moss and the light filtering through the colorful leaves caught my eye.
More pictures from this site to come in the next few days...

Wow - I can't remember the last time I posted a photo the same day it was shot. I feel so... bloggy!

No comments: