Thursday, November 01, 2007

Towpath Mules

At my friend Chris' recent wedding (congratulations to you and Karin, sir!) in New Hope, PA, we were treated to an unusual diversion: a ride in a barge along the remnants of the Delaware Canal. Shown here are one of the guides with the mules (count the legs, there ARE two) up on the towpath.
As you can see, those mules were HUUUUGE. When the barge-tours were over, the guide above mounted one and rode them back to their stable.
Did you know mules can eat poison ivy without harm? So said our barge pilot!

This post is also my first entry into National Blog Posting Month. Ani over at Syndicate Product encouraged me to take part, and this year it seemed like an especially good idea. I've certainly been guilty of neglecting my poor little blog over the years, usually in favor of the neato, featured-packed
Flickr page. But I've got a lot of un-posted pix that (I feel) deserve to be seen, hence this great opportunity to post post post!

Wish me luck!


No comments: