Sunday, June 11, 2006

Crescent Moon

Some "inspired Lunacy" for you. This is from my first attempt at shooting the Moon. After some 2 dozen pictures snapped, I have this one really good shot to show for it.
The sun had just gone down when I took this, but I had to use the low-light setting (not to mention a tripod) to get any definition. The unintended result is the black sky. All my "blue sky" shots were a little short on crater detail.
But when looking at the moon - it's all about the crater detail!

2 comments:

Synd-e said...

Awesome! Nice work!

Steve B. said...

Thanks - Jorj told me that it's tough to shoot the moon, and he wasn't kidding. Next time, I'll try to do it when the sun is still up - with the sky lighter and the moon not so bright.
Still, I am happy with how this one turned out.