Monday, June 26, 2006

Surf's Up!




Greetings from San Clemente, California! We're out here visiting family, enjoying the beaches, taking in the sights, and watching a lot of surfing. The middle 2 photos are of Jason, one of our gracious hosts. The 2nd is my first stab at a b&w conversion - it just seemed fitting for the image. I might try the same with the last photo. The top shot is from the San Clemente Municipal Pier, where you can see surfers from a rare vantage point (if you don't surf) - the side.
07/07/06 - I've edited this post with some post-processed versions of the same shots. The one of Jason surfing has been cropped and had the color saturation bumped up, the b&w ones (now theres 2!) have had the contrast pumped up, with the bottom one being cropped slightly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'd process with more contrast or grain in the B&W, but of course it's your call. ;)

Steve B. said...

Thanks!

I agree with your comments; my resources are limited here, so all these shots might get a 2nd look...

Synd-e said...

For the third shot down, maybe crop out that pile of stuff in the upper left corner? I know you can't crop out the blanket without losing cute surfer dude, but it would really good to get rid of that pile o' beach stuff...