Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dali's Eyes

This shot is from last year's Salvador Dali Exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The famous steps were transformed into an ingenious giant mosaic of the surrealist master - one of the best promotions I've seen from the Museum. After we viewed the exhibit (which was brilliant), I was lucky enough to snap this immediately after the two women shown took a photo from the same vantage point. It almost appears that Mr. Dali is annoyed to have these people walking over his face!
This is another Old Camera shot, so the quality is not what it should be. But I like it nonetheless.
I'm also using this for my "Something Oversized" entry in the Photo Scavenger Hunt. After wracking my brain about what to shoot for it (after J. Brookston himself used the best oversized item in Philly as the example!), I remembered this shot and reckoned it would work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choice!

Steve B. said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.